Marian A. Williams, 93, formerly of Spring St., Corry, Pa., died at the Corry Manor on Saturday, July 13, 2013.
She was born on June 30, 1920, in Rochester Mills, Pa., a daughter of the late Max and Ammy Work Crawford.
Marian was raised and educated in Rochester Mills and Indiana, Pa.
She graduated from Punxsutawney High School in 1939, and then she worked as a telephone operator in Punxsutawney.
Following her move to Corry in 1941, Marian worked for Bill Bett’s Catering in Corry and in the office of C. J. Peterson & Son Plumbing and Heating Co. She then was employed as a receptionist for Dr. Merle Amy, retiring in 1981.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Corry and was also a member of the Corry Bowling League for more than 36 years. She enjoyed knitting, reading, ceramics and golfing.
In addition to her parents, Marian was preceded in death on July 11, 2012, by her husband, John T. Williams, whom she married on July 3, 1939, in Winchester, Va.; three sisters, Maxine Dellamaestra, Lois Palmer and Bettie McDermott; and two brothers, Edward and Paul Crawford.
Marion is survived by a daughter, Cheryl Patterson and husband Pat of Corry, Pa.; two sons, James F. Williams of Kent, Ohio, and Thomas J. Williams of Glendale, Ariz.; two sisters, Helen Jordan of Punxsutawney and Beatrice Pitrone and husband Tony of DuBois; and two sisters-in-law, Ann Crawford of Florida and Ruth Williams of Warren, Pa. She is also survived by three grandchildren, Patric Patterson and wife Laura, Laura Holthouse and husband Khlar and David Patterson and wife Wendy; six great-grandchildren, Silas, Charlie, Morgan and Gabrielle Patterson and Tanner and Lucretia Holthouse; and a very devoted niece, Cindy McDermott; as well as many other nieces and nephews.
As per Marian’s request, there will be no calling hours or funeral service.
Burial will be in Pine Grove Cemetery, Rochester Mills, Pa.
Memorials may be made to the Corry Public Library, 117 W. Washington St., Corry, PA 16407, or the Shriner’s Hospital for Children, 1645 W. 8th St., Erie, PA 16505.