PUNXSUTAWNEY — Punxsutawney Borough Solicitor Jay Lundy informed Punxsutawney Borough Council at its Monday meeting that he is still waiting for the paperwork to be completed by the landowners regarding the alley located between the former Punxsy Hotel property and McDonald's.
"The easements have been cleared regarding the property owners, and all of the paperwork is out to them (the Neals) and McDonald's," said Lundy, adding that there are three easements involved in vacating the alley.
Lundy said he hoped that he can have everything completed regarding the petition for the Jan. 14
In other business:
• Amber Baker, project manager for Seitel Data Ltd., presented information to Punxsutawney Borough Council about Seitel’s 130-square-mile 3-D seismic project.
Baker said it is being done for the purpose of exploration for oil and gas that images the sub surface.
She said Seitel will place devices with a 3-inch spike in the ground, and they will be in place four to six weeks.
Surveyors will be start north of Punxsy, and it will be several months before they begin to survey in the borough, Baker said.
Council President Larry Chenoga said he was concerned that the vibrations from the seismic tests could possibly damage the infrastructure within the borough.
Baker said there are 20-25 people who work for Seitel,
and the surveyors will be utilizing 85 people in the drilling process.
She said the recording crew could have as many as 130 people working for
Baker said they'll visit Big Run Council next week and other township supervisor meetings.
Chenoga said council will need some time to look over the information that has been presented and have an answer for Seitel next month.
Also, at Monday's meeting, council approved:
• The free parking request for Christmas and Groundhog Day by the Punxsutawney Area Chamber of Commerce.
• A change order request and a payment request from
Dunkle Roofing for the Punxsutawney Area Community Center roof replacement project.
• A request from the Central Fire Department to add Joseph Pisano to the active list.
• A request from the Elk Run Volunteer Fire Company to add Cody McGarvey to the active list.
• General fund expenditures (including payroll) in the amount of $126,834.26.
• Sewer system fund expenditures in the amount of $334,460.41.
• A transfer of $79,540.87 from the general fund to the payroll account.
• A transfer of $26,639.60 from the sewer system fund to the payroll account.
The total payroll for November was $106,180.47.