ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.
The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.
Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.
Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.
The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.