• A Memorial Day parade and service, sponsored by American Legion Post 62 and VFW Post 2076, will be conducted Monday.
The parade will begin at 10 a.m. with services following at Barclay Square bandstand at 11 a.m.
The veterans’ memorial wreath will be placed at Circle Hill Cemetery immediately following the service. The public’s participation and attendance will be greatly appreciated.
• VFW Post 9044 and Ladies’ Auxiliary, Big Run, will hold a Memorial Day service at 11 a.m. Monday at the Fairview Cemetery, Church Street.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held at the War Memorial, Main Street.
For more information, contact Senior Vice- Commander Jim Soliday at 938-4934 or Post Adjutant Robert Lott at 938-4589.
• Monday will mark the 142nd observance of Memorial Day and will also be an observance of the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War.
The ceremony will begin at 11 a.m. Monday in the large courtroom of the Jefferson County Courthouse with featured speaker Randy Bartley.
James A. McCurdy, Jefferson County American Legion council commander, will serve as master of ceremonies.
• A Memorial Day service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Pine Church, Canoe Ridge Road, Rossiter. Everyone is welcome.
• American Legion Post 582 will conduct Memorial Day services at the following cemeteries Monday:
• Pearce Cemetery, 9 a.m.
• Devers Cemetery, 9:15 a.m.
• Fairview Cemetery, 9:30 a.m.
• Pine Grove Cemetery, 9:45 a.m.
• Pine Cemetery, 10:10 a.m.
• Union Cemetery, 10:15 a.m.
• Rossiter Catholic Cemetery, 10:30 a.m.
A final observance will be held around 11 a.m. at Rossiter Memorial Park.