WEST MIFFLIN — Led by one medal winner, nine members of the Punxsy girls' track and field team competed in snowy and cold conditions at the Tri-State Track Coaches Association Outdoor Championship Meet Saturday at West Mifflin High School.
Sophomore Alexis Young earned a seventh-place medal in the 1,600-meter run, as she finished with a time of 5:45.1.
"Alex ran very well considering the weather conditions," Punxsy first-year head coach Barry Young said. "She ran well during the indoor season and has carried that into the outdoor season."
The following are the Lady Chucks' other results:
• Discus — Santana Smith, 82-8; Cenneca Dilts, 63-6.
• Long jump — Shannon Carpenter, 13-5 1/2; Kirsten Dean, 13-10 1/2.
• Triple jump — Carpenter, 29-1 1/2.
• 100-meter dash — Karah Hollis, 14.19; Amber Metts, 15.55.
• 1,600-meter run — Juliann Boddorf, 6:02.7.
• 400-meter dash — Boddorf, 68.85; Young, 72.98.
• 100-meter hurdles — Emily Smith, 21.79.
• Shot put — Santana Smith, 28-1 3/4; Dilts, 25-7 1/2.
"The other girls performed well but were not able to medal," Young said. "This is a huge meet involving more than 50 teams.
Next up for the Lady Chucks is a dual meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday in Brookville. They will then head to Brookville again for its annual invite Saturday.