PUNXSUTAWNEY â€” On Friday night, a fire in a garage apartment at 113 Marion Ave., Punxsutawney, was quickly extinguished with minimal damage.
According to Josh Wachob, Punxsutawney Fire Department chief, the fire was extinguished quickly and the smoke was ventilated from the apartment.
The occupant and his dog escaped with minor smoke inhalation.
All three Punxsutawney Fire Department companies were on scene.
Wachob said the fire began from a backdraft inside a wood-burning stove and was extinguished with water.