Skip to main content

Water Street fire

July 29, 2012

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

Punxsutawney firefighters were called to a basement fire at 7:07 p.m. Saturday at 102 Water St.

The fire was quickly extinguished by firefighters and caused mostly smoke damage in the basement.

Joe Defelice, Punxsutawney Fire Department assistant chief, said the fire was due to a sump pump that had overheated.

There were no injuries and the family was able to return to their home once the basement was ventilated.

Above,firefighters Austin Pate (from left) and Mark Powell, of the Central Fire Dept., and Steven Kostok, of the Lindsey Fire Company, assist at the scene.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — The Mayor of Punxsutawney admitted to the members of Borough Council that he made a mistake when he...
It was a beautiful day in Barclay Square for last year's Church In the Park (CITP). Organizers are hoping for more of...
The Lindsey Fire Company recently made Kevin Wachob of Big Run an honorary member of the fire company. Pete Pape,...
Punxsy’s Minor League Softball All-Stars were playing in their second winner-take-all championship...
The 2014 Punxsutawney Minor League Softball All-Stars defeated a tough Union City team, 1-0 on...
After fighting their way back through the bracket to the championships, Punxsy’s Minor League...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes