Water Street fire

Punxsutawney firefighters were called to a basement fire at 7:07 p.m. Saturday at 102 Water St.

The fire was quickly extinguished by firefighters and caused mostly smoke damage in the basement.

Joe Defelice, Punxsutawney Fire Department assistant chief, said the fire was due to a sump pump that had overheated.

There were no injuries and the family was able to return to their home once the basement was ventilated.

Above,firefighters Austin Pate (from left) and Mark Powell, of the Central Fire Dept., and Steven Kostok, of the Lindsey Fire Company, assist at the scene.

You Might Also Like