Sunday blaze damages Pine Street home

PUNXSUTAWNEY — A fire that broke out early Sunday morning caused heavy smoke and water damage at a three-story house located at 211 Pine St.

"All three Punxsutawney Fire Companies — Central, Elk Run and Lindsey — were called to the house at 2:04 a.m. Sunday, when the next-door neighbor heard the sound of glass breaking and saw that a second-floor bedroom appeared to be on fire,” said Bryan Smith, Punxsutawney Fire Department chief.

Read the full story in Monday's edition of The Spirit.