SS.C.D. Lawn Festival in full gear
By Larry McGuire
Of The Spirit
PUNXSUTAWNEY — The Saints Cosmas and Damian (SS.C.D.) Lawn Festival continues today and Sunday with a variety of events scheduled including the Alumni Social.
Frank Hetrick, chairman of the festival, said the annual Alumni Social is tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. in Wienker Auditorium.
All graduates of SS.C.D. High School, including those who finished at Punxsutawney High School; SS.C.D. Grade School ; 8th grade graduates and Saint Adrian graduates are welcome, he said, adding that one must be 21 to attend.
Other events for today:
• Jim Barnoff's Open Mike night, featuring various artists, acoustic guitars and songs.
• 11 to 4 p.m. — Buffet Dinner — Wienker Auditorium — Menu: Baked ham, breaded chicken, meatballs, stuffed cabbage, penne pasta in spaghetti sauce, augratin potatoes, buttered potatoes, buttered corn, tossed salad and dinner rolls.
• 12 to 3 p.m. — Parish Health Ministry Fair — Auditorium.
• 12 to 6 p.m. — Polka Mike WECZ AM 1540 live remote broadcast.
• 6 to 7:15 p.m. — Instrumental Quartet: Big Bands, polkas, 50s/60s and more on the festival stage.
• 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. — The Sharp Tones on the festival stage.
• 11 p.m. — Grand Prize Drawings