PUNXSUTAWNEY â€” All three Punxsutawney fire companies were called to a structure fire involving a shed located at 302 Ellsworth Ave. in Punxsutawney.
The shed sustained $3,000 to $4,000 in damage when it caught fire at 12:16 a.m. Tuesday.
"The fire was knocked down when I arrived on scene," said Bryan Smith, Punxsutawney Fire Department chief.
Smith said the fire burned a spot through the wall and a hole in the floor of the shed, which housed two four wheelers and numerous tools.
"The heat from the blaze melted the plastic on the four wheelers and burnt through a work bench," he said.
Smith said the cause was determined to be electrical and had the potential to cause even more damage if it wasn't for the quick response of the fire companies.
He said the home was occupied by a renter, who did have renterâ€™s insurance, and the owner of the property also holds an insurance policy.
"Fortunately, the fire was quickly extinguished, and it wasn't a full-size structure where our firefighters would've been out an extended period with temperatures hovering near 7 degrees," Smith said, adding that all units were back in quarters within 45 minutes.