Punxsy crews take care of persistent flue fire in Cloe

By: 
Larry McGuire
Of The Spirit

It took a couple of hours to make it a done deal, but members of the Punxsutawney Fire Department were able extinguish a stubborn flue fire in Cloe on Monday.

Central, Elk Run and Lindsey fire companies responded to a flue fire at 5:50 p.m. on Monday at 190 Church St., Cloe, which was called in when the owner noticed the structure filling up with smoke.

Punxsutawney Fire Department Chief D. Matthew Powell said creosote built up inside the chimney from the wood burner, as the owner was burning wood in the stove.

Read the full story in Tuesday's edition of The Spirit.

Category: