Skip to main content

Oven fire in Rossiter fills personal care home with smoke

June 25, 2012

Two firefighters head into West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter early Sunday morning to respond to an oven fire. Though the fire filled the home with smoke, there were no injuries. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.

The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.

Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.

Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.

The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.

Carlisle, Pa. — Following a recall by Wawona Packing Company, GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — The Mayor of Punxsutawney admitted to the members of Borough Council that he made a mistake when he...
It was a beautiful day in Barclay Square for last year's Church In the Park (CITP). Organizers are hoping for more of...
Punxsy’s Minor League Softball All-Stars were playing in their second winner-take-all championship...
The 2014 Punxsutawney Minor League Softball All-Stars defeated a tough Union City team, 1-0 on...
After fighting their way back through the bracket to the championships, Punxsy’s Minor League...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes