Skip to main content

Oven fire in Rossiter fills personal care home with smoke

June 25, 2012

Two firefighters head into West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter early Sunday morning to respond to an oven fire. Though the fire filled the home with smoke, there were no injuries. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.

The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.

Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.

Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.

The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — It's that time of year again, time to think about Thanksgiving dinner, Black Friday shopping and...
A student opened fire at a high school in Washington state on Friday, wounding an unknown number of victims before...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — Punxsutawney Borough Police paid a visit to Punxsutawney Area High School on Tuesday to remind the...
On Friday, the Chucks fell to the undefeated Karns City Gremlins 43-16. Turnovers were a problem...
This afternoon, Amber Ward (pictured) and the Lady Chucks girls' tennis squad will participate in...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes