Skip to main content

Oven fire in Rossiter fills personal care home with smoke

June 25, 2012

Two firefighters head into West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter early Sunday morning to respond to an oven fire. Though the fire filled the home with smoke, there were no injuries. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.

The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.

Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.

Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.

The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — During this season of cold and sometimes freezing weather, if you're looking for a way to warm up, then...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — Our little town recently saw the arrival of country Star Wynonna Judd, and now, to help the country fans...
VIDEO OF THE DAY: 2015 'Bad Lip Readings' video spoofs NFL football stars The latest 'Bad Lip Readings' video skewers...
On Defend Against Cancer Night at PAHS, the Lady Chucks turned up the defensive pressure to match...
The Lady Chucks and Chucks basketball teams, in addition to the wrestling squad, were all in action...
On Monday night, Ethan Riley (pictured here firing up a shot over Brookville's Jordan Tosh) and...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes