Skip to main content

Oven fire in Rossiter fills personal care home with smoke

June 25, 2012

Two firefighters head into West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter early Sunday morning to respond to an oven fire. Though the fire filled the home with smoke, there were no injuries. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.

The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.

Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.

Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.

The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.

Carlisle, PA – Following a recall by Mary’s Gone Crackers, Inc., MARTIN’S Food Markets announced it removed from sale...
The sun was shining bright for another Library Hot Dog Days event Thursday afternoon at County Market, with special...
(Editor’s note: This piece is one in a series of “Familiar Faces Friday” features to be written by Spirit reporter...
Dave Foster, former Punxsutawney Athlete, and his team Backcountry CrossFit have just competed in...
Punxsy’s Minor League Softball All-Stars were playing in their second winner-take-all championship...
The 2014 Punxsutawney Minor League Softball All-Stars defeated a tough Union City team, 1-0 on...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes