Skip to main content

Oven fire in Rossiter fills personal care home with smoke

June 25, 2012

Two firefighters head into West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter early Sunday morning to respond to an oven fire. Though the fire filled the home with smoke, there were no injuries. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.

The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.

Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.

Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.

The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.

YOUNG TOWNSHIP — Almost everyone has heard of "Where's Waldo?" The same could be applied to the First Church of God's "...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — The Punxsutawney Concert Association will begin its 2014-2015 season on Tuesday, Oct. 21, with William...
Halloweenfest, sponsored by Punxsy Dental, is an afternoon of fun set for noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 25 in...
This afternoon, Amber Ward (pictured) and the Lady Chucks girls' tennis squad will participate in...
Members of the Punxsy football team were recognized on the field for Senior Night, and on the field...
Punxsy's 9th-grade football team picked up a win over Route 36 rival Brookville on Wednesday night...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes