Skip to main content

Oven fire in Rossiter fills personal care home with smoke

June 25, 2012

Two firefighters head into West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter early Sunday morning to respond to an oven fire. Though the fire filled the home with smoke, there were no injuries. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

ROSSITER — A catastrophe was averted early Sunday morning when an oven fire filled the West Side Manor Personal Care Home in Rossiter with smoke.

The fire alarm was called in at 6:11 a.m. Sunday when the oven malfunctioned, said Joe Pisano, Rossiter Volunteer Fire Company chief.

Pisano said he was able to arrive on scene quickly and contain the fire to the oven itself.

Residents of the home were evacuated, and there were no injuries, as firefighters ventilated the structure with an exhaust fan.

The Rossiter Fire Company was assisted by Central, Lindsey, Perry Township, Glen Campbell and Marion Center fire departments and Jefferson County EMS.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — The president of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club said that Punxsutawney Phil, the world's only true...
Due to the school cancellation the 2015 Groundhog King and Queen will be crowned at the Groundhog Banquet, which will...
The Punxsutawney Area School District has announced that school has officially been canceled for today due to weather...
New England vs. Seattle 2/1 6:30 (ET) University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
The Lady Chucks earned a season sweep of the Brookville Lady Raiders on Tuesday with a 56-36...
On Defend Against Cancer Night at PAHS, the Lady Chucks turned up the defensive pressure to match...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes