Nellie Duene (Bullock) Bowser, 86, Indiana, formerly of Dayton, went to be with her Lord Oct. 13, 2011, at St. Andrewâ€™s Village, Indiana.
She was born June 28, 1925, in Timblin, a daughter of the late Asa and Nellie (Firemen) Bullock.
A war bride, she married Harry Laird Bowser Nov. 28, 1942. He preceded her in death July 18, 2007.
She graduated from Dayton High School in 1943.
Mrs. Bowser worked in the Dayton Elementary School cafeteria for many years, retiring in 1988. In honor of her service to the students and staff, the elementary yearbook was dedicated to her.
She was a member of the Dayton United Methodist Church, where she had served as president of the United Methodist Women.
She was a member of numerous church committees and was a former youth group and girl scout leader.
Mrs. Bowser was also a member of the Dayton Legion Auxiliary, Post No. 995.
An avid crafter and quilter, she received great pleasure in making and giving gifts to others.
She was also a miniature dollhouse enthusiast. Mrs. Bowser enjoyed spending time at the ocean and taking numerous train trips with her husband to various places in the U.S.
Surviving relatives include two sons, Gerald Bowser and wife Betsy of Litiz, and Ernest Bowser of Rockton; two daughters, Donna Meyer and husband Ed of Indiana, and Nelda Martin and husband Larry of Kittanning; two granddaughters, Andrea Meyer Rachubinski and husband Alex, and Lindsey Wilson; a brother, William Dale Bullock and wife Dorothy Ann of Erie; a sister-in-law, Lesta Adams of Corona, Calif.; and a brother-in-law, C. Ray Bowser of Erie.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by a sister, Dorothy Williams; and a brother, Frank Bullock.
Private services and interment at the Smicksburg Lutheran Cemetery are under the direction of the John A. Lefdahl Funeral Home, Indiana.
Memorial contributions may be made in Mrs. Bowser's honor to the Charitable Care Fund or to the Caring Community Fund at St. Andrewâ€™s Village, 1155 Indian Springs Rd., Indiana, Pa. 15701.
The family wishes to thank the staff at St. Andrewâ€™s Village for the six-and-a-half years of loving care they gave to Mrs. Bowser.