Make-A-Wish Annual Light Up a Child’s Life Campaign hits the airwaves Monday
PUNXSUTAWNEY — It just wouldn’t feel like the Christmas season in Punxsutawney without the magic of Make-A-Wish in the air.
Make-A-Wish invites the members of the local community to help give the gift of a wish-come-true to a local child with a life-threatening medical condition this week, as it kicks off its Annual Light Up A Child’s Life holiday campaign.
Monday through Friday, Make-A-Wish will be doing live radio broadcasts from remote locations around the area.
The schedule is as follows:
• Monday: Ragley's True Value Hardware from 7 to 9 a.m.; Pantall Hotel from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday: Fox’s Pizza Den from 7 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.; Pantall Hotel from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Wednesday: Caterina’s from 7 to 9 a.m.; Pantall Hotel from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday: Punxsutawney Area Middle School from 7 to 8 a.m.; Punxsutawney Area High School from 8 to 9 a.m.; Pantall Hotel from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Friday: County Market from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.; Pantall Hotel from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the live auction starting at 3 p.m.
Broadcasts will include stories from wish kids, donors and Make-A-Wish volunteers. Donors can make a donation by stopping by any remote location or by calling 877-284-9474.
Make-A-Wish holiday products, including holiday cards, tumbler mugs and umbrellas will also be on sale at each remote location.
Make-A-Wish® is a non-profit organization that grants wishes to children, ages 2-1/2 to 18, with life-threatening medical conditions.
Currently, the local chapter is one of the most active in the country, having fulfilled more than 13,500 wishes.
For more information, please call Make-A-Wish at (800) 676-9474 or visit its website at www.wishgreaterpa.org.