Jail Board to examine possible policy review
BROOKVILLE — At the Jefferson County Jail Inspection-Intermediate Punishment Board meeting Monday, Jefferson County Jail Warden Tom Elbel asked the board to review some policies that must be updated.
According to Elbel, via a union contract, a committee meets several times a year to review polices to see where the jail is lacking and where it is not.
The committee met last week. Elbel believes that many revisions need to be made.
But because there are so many, he is asking the board to review them by next month’s meeting date, with the hope of voting on them Aug. 22.
In other business:
• The jail’s expense totals amount to $2,581,148 for 2011; last year’s totals amounted to $2,483,927.28.
• The jail’s revenue totals amount to $151,500 for 2011; last year’s totals amounted to $205,637.62.
The jail population report for June:
• Total Jefferson County — 105 inmates (88 male, 17 female).
• Total housed out-of-county — 12 inmates (10 male, two female).
• Total population — 117 inmates.
• The county provided housing for three out-of-county inmates. The cost for housing out-of-county inmates is $55 per day.
• The next Jail Board meeting will be held at noon Monday, Aug. 22.