Skip to main content

GROUNDHOG PLAZA FIRE ALARM

May 13, 2014

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

Punxsutawney firefighters responded to a report of smoke in Puff Discount Tobacco located at 209 Hampton Ave. in the Groundhog Plaza at 9:43 a.m. Tuesday.

Josh Wachob, Punxsutawney Fire Department chief, said upon investigation that the smoke was due to a ballast in a fluorescent light in the back room that shorted out, causing smoke in the building.

Wachob said there was no damage.

Central Fire Department responded to the scene, with Elk Run and Lindsey held in quarters, along with the McCalmont Township Volunteer Fire Company.

CRAWFORDTOWN — There were no injuries reported in a one-vehicle rollover accident that occurred at 1:39 p.m. on...
Silent and somewhat desolate looking are the Punxsutawney Groundhog Little League fields. When action resumes, the...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — On Friday night, a fire in a garage apartment at 113 Marion Ave., Punxsutawney, was quickly extinguished...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes