Punxsutawney firefighters responded to a report of smoke in Puff Discount Tobacco located at 209 Hampton Ave. in the Groundhog Plaza at 9:43 a.m. Tuesday.

Josh Wachob, Punxsutawney Fire Department chief, said upon investigation that the smoke was due to a ballast in a fluorescent light in the back room that shorted out, causing smoke in the building.

Wachob said there was no damage.

Central Fire Department responded to the scene, with Elk Run and Lindsey held in quarters, along with the McCalmont Township Volunteer Fire Company.

You Might Also Like