Skip to main content

FURNACE TROUBLE

November 27, 2012

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

Firefighters from the Big Run Volunteer Fire Company responded to a report of smoke in a house at approximately 2:20 a.m. Monday at 806 Milliron Dr., Gaskill Township.

Firefighters arrived on scene and discovered the smoke was due to a failure of a component inside the furnace in the home owned by Barbara Milliron.

The furnace was turned off and could not be turned back on before being serviced. Big Run firefighters were assisted at the scene by members of the Central Fire Department and Jefferson County EMS.

Courtney Cole, president of the Punxsutawney Rotary Club, is pictured presenting the IUP Rotaract Club with its charter...
The students at Mapleview Elementary School made the most of the sunny weather and the approaching holiday this week by...
The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW Post No. 2076) presented the top three winners of the SS.C.D. School essay contest...
While it may be spring, the winter weather isn't ready to leave. Because of a mix of snow, cold...
The Chucks will take on the Uniontown Red Raiders tonight at DuBois Area Middle School for its...
After having its Senior Night delayed multiple times, the Punxsy wrestling team will hit the mat...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes