Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — The president of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club said that Punxsutawney Phil, the world's only true...
Due to the school cancellation the 2015 Groundhog King and Queen will be crowned at the Groundhog Banquet, which will...
The Punxsutawney Area School District has announced that school has officially been canceled for today due to weather...
New England vs. Seattle 2/1 6:30 (ET) University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
The Lady Chucks earned a season sweep of the Brookville Lady Raiders on Tuesday with a 56-36...
On Defend Against Cancer Night at PAHS, the Lady Chucks turned up the defensive pressure to match...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes