Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

YOUNG TOWNSHIP — Almost everyone has heard of "Where's Waldo?" The same could be applied to the First Church of God's "...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — The Punxsutawney Concert Association will begin its 2014-2015 season on Tuesday, Oct. 21, with William...
Halloweenfest, sponsored by Punxsy Dental, is an afternoon of fun set for noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 25 in...
This afternoon, Amber Ward (pictured) and the Lady Chucks girls' tennis squad will participate in...
Members of the Punxsy football team were recognized on the field for Senior Night, and on the field...
Punxsy's 9th-grade football team picked up a win over Route 36 rival Brookville on Wednesday night...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes