Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

CRAWFORDTOWN — There were no injuries reported in a one-vehicle rollover accident that occurred at 1:39 p.m. on...
Silent and somewhat desolate looking are the Punxsutawney Groundhog Little League fields. When action resumes, the...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — On Friday night, a fire in a garage apartment at 113 Marion Ave., Punxsutawney, was quickly extinguished...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes