Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

The following Memorial Day events will be taking place on Memorial Day in Punxsutawney and the surrounding areas: 10:30...
With the Chucks baseball team set to face off against Bradford for the District IX title this evening, we felt it would...
Friday, the members of the Chucks track team who qualified for States posed for a picture with Head...
The Chucks baseball team claimed the District IX title with a 4-1 win over Bradford on Thursday...
On Thursday, the Punxsy Chucks baseball team will square off against the Bradford Owls in a 5:30 p....

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes