Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — It's that time of year again, time to think about Thanksgiving dinner, Black Friday shopping and...
A student opened fire at a high school in Washington state on Friday, wounding an unknown number of victims before...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — Punxsutawney Borough Police paid a visit to Punxsutawney Area High School on Tuesday to remind the...
On Friday, the Chucks fell to the undefeated Karns City Gremlins 43-16. Turnovers were a problem...
This afternoon, Amber Ward (pictured) and the Lady Chucks girls' tennis squad will participate in...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes