Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

Members of the Punxsutawney Fire Department were called to Aldi in the Punxy Plaza Thursday afternoon to investigate a...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — There is a saying that each one of us has a purpose here on this earth, and even though one local man...
PUNXSUTAWNEY — Punxsutawney Borough Council, despite a controversial meeting that at one point called for a...
Sunday evening, March 15, Plan B of the State College Area Rollers (SCAR) traveled to Skate Station...
On Monday, the District IX Basketball League — which consists of Bradford Area, Brookville Area,...
Saturday, March 7th 2015 (#1) Kentucky (31-0) 67 Florida (15-16) 50 Kentucky went about business as...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes