Skip to main content

Brake fire spurs fire alarm, none injured

August 5, 2013

(Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

This tow truck owned by South Side Service caught fire Monday when the rear brakes overheated and caught the brake drum, and then the tire, on fire.

The fire was extinguished by the Central Fire Department at the former location for C&S Restaurant in Bell Township.

There were no injuries.

BIG RUN — Big Run Borough Council planted a new ordinance in the code book and mowed down an old one at the same time...
The women of the SS.C.D. Martha and Mary Ministry are hard at work making prayer shawls, comfort pillowcases and cancer...
Carlisle, Pa. — Following a recall by Wawona Packing Company, GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets...
Punxsy’s Minor League Softball All-Stars were playing in their second winner-take-all championship...
The 2014 Punxsutawney Minor League Softball All-Stars defeated a tough Union City team, 1-0 on...
After fighting their way back through the bracket to the championships, Punxsy’s Minor League...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes