Skip to main content

Archive - Sep 5, 2011 - News Article

Fire damages Rossiter garage

September 5, 2011

ROSSITER — The cause of a garage fire that broke out in Rossiter early Saturday morning has yet to be determined.

The fire broke out in Emery Monoskey's garage around 6:30 a.m. Saturday on Center Street in Rossiter.

No one was injured.

However, heat from the garage fire caused minor damage to Monoskey's home, Joe Pisano Sr., fire chief of Rossiter's Volunteer Fire Company said.

Firefighters from Rossiter were the first to respond. Central Fire Department, Perry Township, Marion Center and Big Run also responded to the fire.

Way Back When

September 5, 2011

(The Spirit is pleased to share with our readers vignettes of life in the 19th Century as originally reported in past issues of the newspaper. These reprinted stories include their original headlines and spelling.)

Local Intelligence
(April 1, 1896)

Let Us Have a High School
What this town needs, as we have heretofore remarked on divers and sundry occasions, is a good high school, where our boys and girls can fit themselves to enter college. It is important beyond anything else.

PUNXSUTAWNEY — The president of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club said that Punxsutawney Phil, the world's only true...
Due to the school cancellation the 2015 Groundhog King and Queen will be crowned at the Groundhog Banquet, which will...
The Punxsutawney Area School District has announced that school has officially been canceled for today due to weather...
New England vs. Seattle 2/1 6:30 (ET) University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
The Lady Chucks earned a season sweep of the Brookville Lady Raiders on Tuesday with a 56-36...
On Defend Against Cancer Night at PAHS, the Lady Chucks turned up the defensive pressure to match...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes