BROOKVILLE â€” Hoping to put Jefferson County on the map, officials recently created a natural gas task force, with county Commissioner Jeff Pisarcik serving as chairman.
According to Director of Economic Development John Weible, the group is in the early stages of formation, but seeks to debut at the Pennsylvania Gas Expo 2011, which will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 21 at the IUP Kovalchick Complex in Indiana.
The purpose of the expo is to seek and bring businesses and the public together to educate and network about Marcellus Shale.
Today's Groundhog Festival Schedule
- 10 a.m. to noon â€” Childrenâ€™s Workshops. Settler-era childrenâ€™s activities (ages six to 12) at the Lattimer House. Sponsored by the Punxsutawney Historical Society.
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. â€” Friends of the Library Annual Book Sale, Mahoning Street near Barclay Square.
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. â€” Kidsâ€™ Projects in the Park.
- 11:30 to noon â€” Balloons The Clown.
- Noon to 1 p.m. â€” Grandpa Cratchet.
- 12:30 to 1 p.m. â€” Bubbling & Juggling.
- 1:30 to 2 p.m. â€” Balloons The Clown.
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. â€” Bubbling & Juggling.
- 3 to 4 p.m. â€” Grandpa Cratchet.